Wednesday, 25 January 2012

MAC Haul: 239 Brush and Studio Finish Concealer :)



I had two orders arrive yesterday. I purchased MAC's famous 239 brush from All Cosmetics Wholesale- I have been playing around with different methods- and I can truly say this brush is amazing! I don't know how I did my makeup without this brush in my life. This does more then just apply lid colour, it can also apply your crease and transition colours amazingly well- and then blend everything out to top it off. I remember awhile ago, Christine from Temptalia made a video on her favourite MAC brushes- and she mentioned how she had 5 of these, because the 239 simply can tackle any eyeshadow look- and its so true. I also love this more for blending then the MAC 217 & 239. Blending has always been a struggle for me- I find most fluffy brushes tend to remove my eyeshadows for some reason- no matter how light of a touch, making them look muddy or uneven.



XOXO


Now, the same day from MAC- my beloved Studio Finish arrived. I have been using this concealer for a very long time now, and I adore it. MAC was having a Express Shipping Promo- so I thought I would be prepared once I ran out of my current Studio Finish. I took a few pictures, and I got the best representation of the colour in the morning then the afternoon daylight. In the afternoon, it seemed more like the NW20 shade.




^ Looks a little pink, no?

( I may take better pictures- I feel like these don't represent the shade correctly )


Anyhow, I have a few more hauls arriving. My lost Cherry Culture Haul has finally shipped- and made another order last week. I'm also waiting for some shirts from Great Glam, and a Corset Belt from DH Styles (I will be reviewing the site as well :P)

I'm really excited for next weekend because I might be going to an actual MAC Store for the first time in almost a year! I have 24 Back-2-MAC empties which I would like to get rid of. I'm thinking of getting Creme Cup Lipstick, C-Thru Lipglass and a few other goodies. I also want to get MAC's Well Dressed Blush and a few more items. I Love going to a MAC store because I can swatch everything- ordering online gets boring :( My nearest MAC store is really far away though, so ordering online is more convenient.

hope all of you are having a great week!






10 comments:

  1. I'm going to have to try the 239 brush now- I've been using a cheaper generic version, which is not very good.

    I just started following. Your profile picture is Gorgeous! why dont U post any Face of the days?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You totally have to try the 239! :)

    its a fantastic brush.

    I don't plan on posting any FOTD's yet because my camera isn't the greatest quality- and I feel a bit wierd putting pictures of myself on the internet. Once I get my hands on a cannon Elph, then I may post a few here and there :-)

    Thanks for following <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey sunshine, just in case you missed it - i sent you a response with a snack suggestion on your comment (on my post)

    <33

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool blog I love make up myself!

    Lets follow each other??

    http://christalkay.blogspot.com

    xx,

    C.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your blog! I followed! I would love it if you would check out my blog and follow me? Thanks so much! http://camigmakeup4u2c.blogspot.com

    -Cami

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much Christal and Cami :)

    I'm following you back to =)

    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. MAC is literally make-up heaven! my total addiction <333 such amazing quality and they last FOREVER

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mine to! :) about 98% of the products always end up working for me- I have so many products from MAC that have been my go-to products for years <333

    ReplyDelete
  9. thanks for the follow! I love mac makeup too and I am now following you!

    Amelia xx

    http://wearableartblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete