Saturday, 2 June 2012

A Few Drugstore Purchases + a Review...



Happy Saturday everyone!

I normally never have spare time on the weekends, but my boyfriend started a new 3 day weekend shift at his job, and got a raise! so we have 4 days together now, as opposed to just two- which is so nice :-)

Anywho, I purchased a few drugstore items recently after wanting some retail therapy. Its days like that I'm happy there isn't a MAC counter nearby! haha. I purchased the Maybelline Cover Stick, which I used to use back in the day- The Revlon Airbrush Mousse Foundation (HORRIBLE!) and the Physician's Formula Mineral Wear powder (have yet to try- but the texture is great & reviews to!)

Here's some pictures:



The Maybelline Cover Stick is just as fabulous as it was when I was 17 =) The coverage is minimal, and it can be built up if needed. I love concealers over foundations any day.

x


This foundation is just horrible! I kept the receipt, but could not return it obviously. I spent $20 on this crap! I love most drugstore products, except for foundations- they never work, so I stick to Higher End brands, I learnt my lesson. I just wanted to give it a try out of curiosity- IDK why, because I know concealers work much better for me, oh well. The tester was another story- when I swatched this, I loved the coverage and texture. Weird :-(

x


I haven't tried this powder yet, but I could tell by swatching it that the texture is similar to my MAC Studio Fix, and the color is spot on. Luckily Superstore had testers. I cannot wait to try this out.

(Update- I tried this powder & its gorgeous! Its better then my MAC Studio Fix! I have finally found a Drugstore Dupe for Studio Fix :-) which is great because sometime I run out and don't feel like waiting for it to arrive in the mail)

x


So there's my little Drugstore Haul :-) I have hauls arriving from All Cosmetics Wholesale- I purchased a MAC Brush and a NARS foundation. I also purchased an OCC Lip Tar and Kryolan Anti-Shine powder from CRC Cosmetics. My skin has been very oily lately- and the Kryolan Powder has very positive reviews. I can't wait to post those for you. Other then that, I have been trying a new eyeshadow method that I love. I simply put one color all over the lid and crease, a highlight and my liner and lashes ;) it looks amazing with lots of colors, not all- but most. I was seriously strapped for time one day, and winged this idea, and it worked. it only takes 10 minutes to. I still love my dramatic looks, but it was time for a change.

Hope all of you have an awesome weekend!

XO



No comments:

Post a Comment